From June 03, 2014 until June 03, 2014
Categories: UN & EU Partnership
The 2014 edition of Green Week, the biggest annual conference on European environment policy, will take place from at The Egg Conference Centre, Rue Bara, in Brussels.
The theme will be
Tuesday 3 June
- 10.30 – 16.00 The New Environmentalism Summit with a presentation by UNEP Executive Directore Achim Steiner at 12.30.
- 14.30 -15.00 Press briefing European Commission/UNEP (tbc)
Wednesday 4 June
- 11:30 - 13:00 Session 2.2 “Gearing up cities for the circular economy”
- 11.30-13.00 Session 2.3 “Resource efficiency: how to get investors on board?”
- 16.30 - 18:00 Session 4.1 “International dimension: resource efficiency in the Sustainable Development Goals”
- 16.30-18.00 Session 4.3 “Building the knowledge base for a greener economy”
- 16.30 – 18.00 Side session 4: Eco-industrial parks – organised by UNIDO
- 18.30-20.00 High Level Panel Discussion “Green and Circular: Resource Efficient Economies for Sustainability - a SIDS Perspective.” Organised by UNEP
Thursday 5 June
- 14.30 – 16.00 7.4 Decoupling in practice: technologies and policies for improved resource productivity, Organised by the European Commission in collaboration with UNEP. The UNEP-hosted International Resource Panel (IRP) and the European Commission will jointly launch the latest IRP assessment report, "Decoupling in practice: technologies and policies for improved resource productivity" (Decoupling II)
The Brussels based United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe - UNRIC provides information on UN activities to the countries of the region. It also provides liaison with institutions of the European Union in the field of information. Its outreach activities extend to all segments of society and joint campaigns, projects and events are organized with partners including the EU, governments, the media, NGOs, schools and local authorities.
United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe (UNRIC Brussels)
Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 155, Block C2,7th and 8th floor, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 788 8484 / Fax: 32 2 788 8485