The Belgian Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs and the UN Regional Information Centre (UNRIC) have the pleasure to invite you to a conference on career possibilities at the United Nations.
The presentation, that will be made by a special outreach mission of the UN Office of Human Resources Management in New York, intends to brief the public on organizational needs and career opportunities at the United Nations for potential candidates at all levels (P2-D2) including concrete information on application procedures, how to prepare for competitive examinations and competency based interviews.
In addition to briefing potential candidates, the outreach mission is designed to provide information to "multipliers", people who may not apply for jobs themselves but who can share, and thereby multiply, the information to appropriate potential candidates. For this reason, Ministries, representatives of Universities, members of professional associations, international NGOs, Media … are welcomed to the briefing.
When: 11 April 2011 10.00-13.00 Arrival time: 9.30
Where: Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, Room Europe, Karmelietenstraat/Rue des Petits Carmes 8 Bis, 1000 Brussels.
The conference will be given in English
Registration: Unfortunately, as we have reached seating capacity, the registration for this conference is closed. The conference will be video recorded to be made available at a later date on the UNRIC website.
Presentations on career opportunities with the United Nations:
- United Nations Serving the World: Be Part of the United Nations (English, PPT, 5MB) • français (PPT)
- How to Apply for Jobs with United Nations (English, PPT) • français (PPT)
- Competency-based Interviews (English, PPT) • français (PPT)
Watch video recording of the conference - presentation by Head of Staffing Division and Outreach Officer of the United Nations.
For more information:
- Mrs. Francoise Daniel, Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, tel. 02/501.45.03
- Mrs. Alexandra Froger, UNRIC, tel. 02/788.84.61
- Mr. Jean-Luc Onckelinx, UNRIC, tel. 0476/215.485