Live Facebook chat following the launch on multiple locations of the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2012 on 17, 18 and 19 January (#WESP2012)
Live @ http://on.fb.me/wesp2012
WHEN: Friday, 20 January 2012 at 3:00 pm CET
HOW TO JOIN: Submit your question on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/wesp2012 or on Twitter to @UNDESA using #WESP2012
Most content will link to the Facebook event page: http://on.fb.me/wesp2012
For more information about WESP2012: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/policy/wesp/index.shtml
In conjunction with the launch of the World Economic Situation and Prospects 2012, the Development Policy and Analysis Division (DPAD) of UN/DESA is organizing a live chat on Facebook to answer your questions concerning the risks and opportunities for the world economy, as well as the scope for policy action in the year ahead.
- What’s in store for the world economy in 2012 and beyond?
- Weak Governments and vulnerable banks: Are developed economies ripe for a new recession?
- Should Europe give up on the euro?
- Will fiscal austerity pave the way out of the crisis or lead to a new recession?
- How will growth in Brazil, the Russian Federation, India and China (BRICs) affect the rest of the world?
- Are emerging markets strong enough to act as the engine of global economic growth?
- What are the short- and long-term economic consequences of the Arab Spring?
Join Rob Vos, Director of DPAD, and economists from the Global Economic Monitoring Unit.
The panel of economists include:
The Brussels based United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe - UNRIC provides information on UN activities to the countries of the region. It also provides liaison with institutions of the European Union in the field of information. Its outreach activities extend to all segments of society and joint campaigns, projects and events are organized with partners including the EU, governments, the media, NGOs, schools and local authorities.
United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe (UNRIC Brussels)
Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 155, Block C2,7th and 8th floor, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 788 8484 / Fax: 32 2 788 8485