|UNESCO World Heritage||iTunes|
Use the UNESCO World Heritage app to explore all the World Heritage sites at home or while on your travels, choosing your favourites and marking them off as you visit them.
This app fully describes all the UNESCO World Heritage sites. The prestigious List includes some of the most famous places in the world, such as the ancient city of Petra in Jordan, the legendary Acropolis in Athens, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and Machu Picchu, the ‘Lost City of the Incas’, in Peru.
You can search for sites in various ways:
• Index: an A-Z list of all the UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Year Inscribed: the Year that sites were added to the World Heritage List
• Country: world Heritage sites organised by country
• Classification of Site: choose from Cultural, Natural or Mixed sites
• Favourites: browse the sites you have marked as favourites
• Region: sites organized by UNESCO regions
• Recently Viewed: the last 20 UNESCO sites you have viewed
• Visited Sites: browse the sites you have marked as visited
• Random: displays a UNESCO site at random
You can also bookmark your favourite sites and share the description using email, facebook and twitter.
The app contains:
• Over 650 stunning photographs
• Descriptions of all 936 UNESCO World Heritage sites
• The latest sites to be inscribed to the list
• Offline location maps
This is the ultimate app for armchair and active travellers alike.
Available through iTunes.
The Brussels based United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe - UNRIC provides information on UN activities to the countries of the region. It also provides liaison with institutions of the European Union in the field of information. Its outreach activities extend to all segments of society and joint campaigns, projects and events are organized with partners including the EU, governments, the media, NGOs, schools and local authorities.
United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe (UNRIC Brussels)
Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 155, Block C2,7th and 8th floor, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 788 8484 / Fax: 32 2 788 8485